Our Big Day Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals with respect to personal data. We ensure that our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) under the laws of Hong Kong (the “Ordinance”).
When you visit our website(s), we will record your visit only and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is about you and identifies you) from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our website will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information.
For your information, Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers' computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analysing web surfers' viewing habits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting a web site and are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the web site. You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in our web sites.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Please refer to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our website and how to control the information sent to Google.
Collection of personal data
At times, you may be required to provide your personal data including, but not limited to, your name, gender, telephone number, email address, marital status, interests, favourite activities and buying behaviour (collectively “Personal Data”). Refusal to provide such information may deny you of access to certain parts of our website, or may render us unable to handle any application or request you are making, or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit. If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you give us the Personal Data.
Use of Personal Data Collected
Specific purposes for which your personal data may be used are set out in our Personal Information Collection Statement in Part 2 below.
Retention of Personal Data
In your dealings with us and for auditing purposes, your personal data and records of your online transactions will be kept and retained by us for a reasonable period. Such information will be erased from our system in accordance with our internal policy.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- access your personal data held by us;
- require us to correct any personal data which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain our policies and practices established (from time to time) in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.
If you want to access and/or correct the personal data that you have provided to us, or if you want to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of your personal data held by us, please send requests by email to: [email protected]
We will respond within 40 days after receiving the request. We may charge you a reasonable fee for each personal data access. However, such fee will be waived if the data access is made for the purpose of correcting your personal data.
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our website with restricted access by authorized personnel only. Our online registration process uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layers) protocol link for data transmission so as to protect your data via encrypting it in a secure format to ensure its privacy is maintained.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
2. Personal Information Collection Statement
As a customer of our company or as a visitor of our website(s), it may be necessary for you to provide us with your personal data when you apply to us and/or continue to subscribe with us for a service and/or product. If your personal data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide services to you.
We shall keep your personal data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data will be in accordance with the Ordinance and this Privacy Statement.
We may use and retain the personal data you provided to us for the following purposes and for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- processing your service application;
- providing you with the services;
- subject to your consent, we may use your personal data (including but not limited to, your name, gender, telephone number, email address, marital status, interests, favourite activities and buying behaviour) for marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes certain nature of goods and/or services relating to us, our affiliates and business partners (restricted to wedding-related services), irrespective of whether we are remunerated for such marketing activities, via telephone call, email, and social media;
- the normal management, operation and maintenance of the service;
designing new or improving existing services provided by us, our websites, our affiliates or our partners to you;
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service improvement;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as required by law.
We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or overseas) your personal data to the following parties to use, disclose, process or retain your personal data for the purposes mentioned above:
- Our agents, contractors and other service providers for the provision of products and/or services that you ordered and/or subscribed to;
- Competent regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and courts;
- Our professional advisers; and
- Any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing promotional information from us with respect to the products/services mentioned above, or do not wish us to disclose, transfer or use your personal data for the aforesaid direct marketing purposes , please send requests by email to: [email protected]
Last revised: June 2019